Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My incidental ladder design

      I have to admit, I am a big fan of Pinterest, anything artsy, I will read. Not a single day would pass that I won't click and open Pinterest, and  on the other hand, my husband hates Pinterest ( not because of anything else, but because every time I see something that I like, I ask him to do the hard part)!  Because of Pinterest, he had to learn to make stuffs... because of Pinterest , he had to buy electric cutter, tools, etc...But also because of Pinterest, we are able to have the furniture and decor that I would otherwise  afford only through 24-36 months no interest  financing, isn't that practical?
       It's so funny that my husband used to not even know how to use a hammer or a electic saw,  thanks to You Tube, my husband is now a handy man! I have to admit, some of the diy projects looks easy but in reality, it might require some learned skills. His only trade off, I can convince him to do stuffs ,  if I let him buy the tools and gadgets that he wants, fair deal? I guess so, since these tools are for life time, and I can continuously ask him to make projects for me!
       So to make the long story short, I found some pins of old ladders being used  to decorate different rooms, so I ask my husband to make me one, (of course, diy farm house design). My purpose was to  send it to my daughter's college dorm to be used for hanging towels and blankets, turned out there's not enough space in her room--- so this is what I did with it.....


 This picture shows  the diy wreath I made from my $4 grab bag flowers
from Michael's, a $3 lantern from Big lots ( end of summer clearance), and my very own Pace salsa
diy vase. The dining table was updated by re-staining.
      Materials Used for the ladder: 
          1 in by 2 in x 8 ft furring strip board ( 97 cents from Home depot)
          screws   and  a drill)
          miter saw ( to cut the lumber)
          sand paper ( if you have a  sander)
          espresso wood stain 
          latex paint 

                      This ladder is 6 ft long, 2 feet wide. To create a vintage look, I stained the ladder with the espresso stain. Let it dry for about a day.  Cover with paint ( I'm not very particular with the kind of paint, some people prefers chalk paint , but on this project I only used my oops paint from Home depot) . Sand  it very lightly,  paying particular  attention to the corners until the stain shows up. And oh-laaa - laa, it's done, ready for decoration! It is really easy, and cheap... try looking around stores, this ladder might very well cost   around  forty  ( if it's on clearance )  to seventy dollars!





No comments:

Post a Comment

pretty girls bows

                                  my passion to create cute little  things for cute little girls!                 ...