Sunday, October 1, 2017

Art of Upcycling Glass Jars

One of the easiest thing that  I love to do is the art of upcycling glass jars--- why spend dollar or two when you can easily have them free after  preparing a simple  pasta alfredo dinner---uhhmmm, kids love this simple recipe that my husband uses  (maybe on my next post, will include this simple pasta alfredo recipe)--- after which you can upcycle the glass jars! Yes, I'm all about saving the environment by upcycling, and also saving some money along the way.



Steps: 
1.Wash and remove the jar label by soaking in soapy water for couple of hours. Rinse and air dry after.



2. Paint using acrylic paint or latex interior paint ( I love to buy the "oops paint" from Home Depot-- if you get a chance, check out their  clearance section and look for reduced color sample)




3. Once the paint dry, apply Mod Podge and let it dry. You are now ready to decorate!




I originally painted the one on the left with purple
latex paint, then after it dried up, I put a thin layer
of yellow acrylic paint, topped with mod podge
 for  gloss and protection . It turned  out    really
 good!
**Don't  forget  to  use  store  coupons  when buying
materials (I use 60% off  coupons from Joann's to buy 
Mod Podge) .  Every end of each  seasons ,  Michael's 
has  a  $2  grab  bag ,  some  locations  this  end   of
 summer 2017 had a $4 grab box / bag full of
flowers, ribbons and arts stuffs.

                                      Save your Starbucks coffee bottles to make neat
                                              art brushes and pen holders!
                              

I got this wood basket from Target $3 deal and I
asked my husband to separate it into two, to make
two wood baskets.
                               

My husband made me this cool wooden box
and it turned out perfect for my upcycled jars!
                   
the wood box was creatively made
by my dear husband!






Are you tired of your old glass vases? You can paint with an acrylic , chalk, or latex paint, cover if with Mod Podge once the paint dries up, and  give your vase a second chance!

A Starbucks bottle -turned vase!


This is also a second chance vase! 


My husband loves Pace salsa, and every time it's empty, I hate to throw it away... It looks cute just by tying a twine around it. It makes a perfect center piece for small dining table!



                     




        Practical solution for storage and
        decoration too , for the restroom!
                                                               
  

Isn't this georgeous and practical gift ideas, and
really isn't hard to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

pretty girls bows

                                  my passion to create cute little  things for cute little girls!                 ...