Saturday, March 24, 2018

Easy DIY Decorative Pillows

This is one of my favorite  easy projects--- making throw decorative pillows! It literally takes about 15 minutes to make one, as long as you have already figured out your design idea.

Grab pieces of fabrics, zipper, buttons and laces!




And the practical part is, you don't have to break your budget to do this-- if you have an old pillow and it's time to replace, don't throw it away to the dumpster- wash it ( most of the pillows can be washed in the washing machine and tumble dry) and once it is dry, cut it to the size of decorative pillow that you want. Use the old pillow case to cover it.


Gather your materials, if you have fabrics that you want to use, cut it to the size of the pillow with about 1 inch allowance on all sides for sewing. 
These are simple art supplies that you need to make the designs! 
(not shown are buttons  )

I used a stencil and a piece of solid color fabric--- you can use textile paint or ordinary acrylic paint.

I used a big letter A stamp and a leaf stamp, I also used an actual dried leaves to make the imprints  .









You can do anything with cute buttons and laces! I hand stictch the design for a more dramatic effect!




Trying to be fancy on this one, I actually embroidered the words on it!

Big or small projects, what really matters is that you are actually enjoying it! On my next diy pillow blog, I will share with you how to actually make a simple decorative pillow without using zipper. Any one that can operate a sewing machine can do it! Please read my next blog....

1 comment:

  1. Nice post !! Really appreciable information To get the services from the Best Shutter Repair Company in London, hire the workers of the ADV Shutters. Superb repair and maintenance services.

    ReplyDelete

pretty girls bows

                                  my passion to create cute little  things for cute little girls!                 ...