Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Our Dream Patio with Retractable Screen and Sliding Barn Doors!

I have previously posted our patio furnitures in the work.... Now I am adding pictures of our patio that is now finally taking shape! We hired a contractor to build the roof and the concrete--- then the retractable screen, but all the rest, my dear husband added- the floor  tiles, sliding screened barn door, screen enclosures on both sides and the bricks around it. It pays to be able to make these things yourself, it saves you a lot! At first he didn't have any idea on how to do these things, but through research and hard work , everything he has  learned...












We love these retractable screens! During the day, it can stay open, giving you an option of an open outdoor patio.... and close it at night as insects starts to bug!



Screen opens and close at a touch of a button!
 I like the feel of openness so although we finally decided to enclose our patio, (thanks to Florida summer bugs!),  we added two sliding doors on both sides, so we can open it during good spring and winter weather.

Isn't my husband awesome? He made these 2 sliding barn screen doors!! I didn't imagine him to be a handyman , 12 years ago, but now... he is transformed, lol!
This is the ceiling /roof with two skylights---it  gives us natural sunlight during the day. We chose to place a simple outdoor lamp for now.
That playground/play house were also built by my awesome husband!
As we live and enjoy this patio,  day to day, we will try to add decors and things that will make it more enjoyable and relaxing.  In the future I dream of opening this sidewall and putting a big window that will open up to our living room--- yes, my husband, this will be in the future, and it's only a dream for now, lol!!!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! i"m so excited that it's almost done, just need finishing touches and decorations!

      Delete
  2. I have read your post from start to end, I love reading this information, The way of you explain is excellent, Thanks for sharing with us. Keep posting and keep sharing like this. http://canopytechnology.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also in Florida who did the retractable screens

    ReplyDelete

pretty girls bows

                                  my passion to create cute little  things for cute little girls!                 ...