Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Child's Precious Memory Books

 

Our kids' childhood memories remain in our hearts forever! Yes, the best time of our life as  parents is the time that our kids were young and we we're taking care of them full time! When they were so dependent on us for everything and can't stay away from us, even when it annoys us , because there's no "me" time!  So precious are those memories , that we want to preserve it for forever!
           But they are not kids forever, and time fly away too fast. We get caught up in the everyday stress  of this life that sometimes we don't realize  that they are grown  and are  trying to live independently  from us....
          I wanted to keep all my kids memories in my heart, but better , if I can keep a physical record of the things that reminds me of their childhood. Sometimes moms are caught between throwing away all the papers that our kids brought from school or have doodled on ( as when they first start to write letters), but time will come that those papers will become very precious part of their lives if we have  kept and compiled it. I used to think that I don't have the money and the time to print and organize all their pictures and artworks. But with a little effort, I was able to set aside the excuse of being "busy" , and did it! You can also do it, all you need is time, effort and a little bit of money. It doesn't have to be expensive. Here's how I did it....

        Does your kids love to draw? Almost all kids love to draw when they're young! Don't waste those artworks, turn it into their memory books!
This is laminated using a 12x12 in
laminating sheets and  pad paper

laminating machine does not have to be too expensive. check the ratings.
   


        You may laminate them ( you will need a laminating machine and laminating sheets). Amazon has a cheap but really good one, I got mine for $20, and I buy the laminating sheets in packs of 100's.
On this , I lightly glued his drawings in a 12x12 cardstock paper, and laminated it. I punch holes and used a chain like the one used to make necklace ( available in Joann's or Michael's in the jewelry section).

My son loved to draw map of places he knew... our house, community
malls and market place. I really thought he would be a civil engineer!

Get a binder at it's cheapest price of the season, just like Target have their binders 70-90% off about a month  ago ( September), and Office Max, Office Depot will soon have it's  school supplies clearance, usually around November to December. I should know I only shop when its clearance! If you don't want to buy a new binder, you can use an old , used binder from previous school year and cover it with cardstock just like what I used here.

The flowers I used here are taken out from the stems,
if you buy flowers that are purposedly packed for
scrapbooking, it is more expensive . You can buy
$1 alphabet stamp pads from Walmart or Michael's.
Ariella loves to write stories since she was young.






Alia 's drawing has a uniquely sweet character to it!





Stock cards are usually on sale , $2 per pack of 50's from Joann's or Michael's.

I have five kids, and each one of them , I made their memory book , and will continue to make  one for the youngest one , she is turning 4 this November, and she will make more memories too. Each one of them too has a very unique imprint so it's so precious to keep these memories alive!
Adriel is the athletic one!

1 comment:

  1. just updated my blog setting... pls comment and share ideas here...

    ReplyDelete

pretty girls bows

                                  my passion to create cute little  things for cute little girls!                 ...