Sunday, February 4, 2018

More scrap wood project ideas! Wall Decor



In order not to cover the natural wood  grain,
I diluted the black acrylic paint with water.
I printed this picture using  laser printer
(I go to Office Max/ Office Depot, it cost
around 35-50 cents per page to print)
I mount the picture unto the wood using
Mod Podge , and when it dries up, I apply
another layer of Mod Podge on top.
 Create a gallery wall using  these diy wood frames.


The family picture on the right is an actual photo
transfer to wood. I printed  the picture using laser
printer ( 11 by 18 size from Office Depot) .
Transferred the photo using Mod Podge technique:
1. Cover the wood with generous amount of Mod
Podge
2. Lay the laser printed photo upside down. Flatten and
smoothen all the bubbles. Let it dry for 24 hours.
3. Once it is fully dried, wet the surface with water
until the paper is completely soak. Rub or peel off
the paper, and see the picture transfers to the wood!




                                               A comic portrait of my daughter. I scanned and printed
                                        it bigger and  mounted into a wood  using  Mod Podge.
                                        Smoothen all the bubbles, let it dry, and apply  one more coat
                                        of Mod Podge on top.


old picture frames when my kids were little were used
in here.... cant throw away memories....
                     Sometimes, all you need to have is  an old piece of wood, left over brown acrylic paint from your kid's school project,  Mod Podge glue to put a gloss on top....and old pictures/ memorabilia of your kids to make good wall project!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

pretty girls bows

                                  my passion to create cute little  things for cute little girls!                 ...